Monday, September 27, 2010

White- the color of purity!!!

White is a color that evokes feelings of innocence, purity and cleanliness. Whenever I think of color white, various images pops up in my mind like water lilies, Indian flag, my Ipod, the wedding dress and so on..........

It is a color which goes well with every other color enhancing their impact be it blue, red or green. So white is also considered to be a sacrificing color.

Another memory attached with color white is the CHESSBOARD. I remember when I and my brother used to play chess, both of us used to fight for the white side. Now I understood the reason why. Because white is a symbol of victory.

Have you ever noticed the use of this color in language to represent the positive aspect- White Magic and Black Magic, White List and Black List........

White and Black has the highest visual contrast and that is why a chessboard is painted white and black.

As discussed earlier, every color has various inferences depending on person to person and his past experiences.

White is the color of wedding dress in western culture whereas it signifies mourning and death in Hindus. No married Hindu woman is allowed to wear white. It is the symbolic representation of a Hindu widow inspite of the fact that all deities wear white clothes.

It is a color of royalty. Angels are dressed in white robes. It signifies heaven.

Ancient Greeks wore white robes to bed. They believed that wearing white at night ensures pleasant dreams.
White Elephant is a symbol of rarity and White Knight is a symbol of rescuer.

I being a Hindu is always confused whether to consider it as prosperous or not. But I think that education plays the most vital role in framing the mindset of any individual.

My love for color white is indispensable in lieu of all my past learnings and experiences. I plan to marry in the western style just to ensure that the color of my wedding dress is white...............

But I have one bad memory attached to this color. It signifies hospital beds, doctors and the nurses but never mind. A white wedding gown is beyond anything and everything.....

Next color: BLUE:)




No comments:

Post a Comment